Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pan!

Hola!!

So this week was pretty great! Except there's a flu going around and all four of the hermanas, we all got it! So it's been pretty low key, we've stayed in piso for like 3 days all covered up in blankets on the couches, sleeping, drinking Aquarius, the most delicious thing ever. It's like European Gatorade. I went to the first hour of church though and played piano :) but I was just so sick everyone was like "go home and get in bed!!"

Our investigator, Sebastian, from Bogota, Colombia came to church and he has told us that he thinks that the Book of Mormon is true! So now we just have to invite him to be baptized, which we haven't done yet because we want to invite his whole family at the same time we just haven't been able to have a visit with all of them in a while because they cancelled last week which was super sad because we had the Bishop all set up to come with us! Pero bueno. Esta semana lo haremos. 

Being sick and in bed for so long has really helped me appreciate my health. I have been thinking about how lucky and blessed I am to have a body that can do so amazing things. I am so grateful for this body. I know I'm going to be better soon and I just feel super grateful to say that!

A scripture I really liked this week: Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16

When I first got out here I though I was on my mission because I wanted to be here, because, of course, I was the one who submitted all the papers. But then I realized The Lord has been there every step of the way. Who planted the desire in my heart to serve a mission? Who has been guiding and preparing me my whole life for my mission? I didn't choose this, the Lord has chosen and ordained me. 

Love,
Hermana Birch

P.S Next week is my last Preparation Day......!

Fotos:

image2.JPG
We made homemade bread! (Pan)

image3.JPG
And croissants with Maria!

image4.JPG
Also my trainer came back to Spain to visit with her parents and stopped by our piso right as we were getting home at the end of the day, about to ride the elevator up to our room!

No comments:

Post a Comment