Monday, October 5, 2015

Theater dining




4 Blessed art thou, [Hermana Birch] for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

And it really comforted me.

***
On Saturday we were invited to eat at a member's house. She met us at a corner and walked us the rest of the way to her house, but when we arrived and she got out her key, we weren't at a house. It was a horribly rundown building, but I couldn't tell what it was. We walked into a dirty foyer and as we walked in further and we found ourselves in the stands of a dark, dilapidated theater. There was an ancient piano towards the front, by the stage. And other random things like a workout machine fit between some of the theater chairs. But directly to my left, in the back corner of the theater, was what appeared to be the dwelling of this woman. There was a small gas stove with food cooking, a round wooden table set for 3, a fridge and a tiny pantry stocked with humble food. Wooden planks were set up for privacy and one light bulb hung above the table for light.



I was flipping out. This woman actually lives here! And she's feeding US!

***
I watched the first session of General Conference on my iPad in English, in another room of the chapel, with a Nigerian woman and her little boy :) and then I watched the next one in Spanish.

I loved General Conference. I loved the testimonies of the three new apostles, you can feel that their testimonies are very strong. I am grateful to be guided by a prophet and apostles called of God. I know that whenever problems and difficulties come in my life, I will turn to the words of the prophets for comfort.



I also loved when the choir sang The Spirit Of God with the trio of three men. Was really cool! They don't usually do stuff like that.

***
For Preparation Day today we went shopping in Barcelona. I'm pretty sure you could google the best places to shop in the world and Barcelona would be up on the list! It's incredible!

Remember when I was a vegetarian?? Haha well that ship has sailed! Look at these pig legs of jamón! These are everywhere, I've never actually had jamón straight off the leg, but I buy it already sliced, it's delicious on pan con tomate!



Some cool sights in my awesome new area, Granollers!





I love being a Mormon, I love the gospel and I love you!
Hermana BirchFirst of all, we have been facing a lot of rejection. Like more than
usual for missionaries. And Saturday night I was feeling kind of
bugged, like why are we not finding people? Is it my fault? What do I
need to change? And then Sunday morning in study I read this:

No comments:

Post a Comment