Monday, August 24, 2015

Chinese hair!



We cut our hair today! It was awesome. It was at a chinese hair place and it was so funny, we forgot to bring cash and so we had to leave and come back to pay. I left my iPad with her so that she was sure we would come back, it was so funny. I was like, no we're Christians, I promise we'll come back!



One of the highlights of our week is teaching Benjamin, he has grown up in the church but we are teaching him the lessons before his baptism. And his mom always makes us lots of good food for after the lesson! She taught me how to make my favorite Spanish food, tortilla de patata this week. As Hermana Manotas says, "typical espanish food".



We are working a lot with the members in the ward. There's lots of YSA but there's no set activities during the week for them so we asked this family to hold a Family Home Evening for the YSA on Sunday.



And they made us "pethcadito frito"! Really really good, my palate has changed a lot!!



Something that the Lord has taught me this week is that He cares about the little things in our lives. And also that if we are very specific in our prayers he answers. Haha it was something really small and kind of dumb but I prayed about it and the next day it wasn't even a problem anymore. Also when I first came to this area my feet were literally killing me all the time, and I realized that my prayers were answered, my feet are totally fine now.



The Lord lets us go through hard times, so that we can appreciate the good. I had a really bad day this week, I was feeling lots of sadness for people that we know. As missionaries, we spend so much time with other people and hearing about their problems and their lives and I just felt so sad for some of these people. Also these people have so little but they sacrifice so much for the church and for the missionaries. And I just felt so overwhelmed and I felt their weight on my shoulders (well, you know what I mean). I literally was crying in the street and I just felt so hopeless. But it strengthened my testimony of the Savior because I know He is the only one who can relieve our burdens.



I prayed that I would be able to feel more joy and the next day I was completely the opposite, I felt so happy that I was crying. I'm telling you, the mission is a rollercoaster of emotions, no, lo siguiente.

Thank you for your prayers and love. I'm so grateful to be in Spain serving a mission, this is the best mission in the world!

"And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." I love this scripture, I was thinking what I need to do and be to be more worthy of my calling, and this is the answer.

Lots of love,
Hermana Birch



Hola Familia!

No comments:

Post a Comment