Monday, September 14, 2015

9 month mark!







I have hit my halfway mark on my mission! How crazy is that? When I was in training I thought this day would never come but time has been flying! You may ask if I am fluent in Spanish yet, and the answer is no. But I can understand and people can understand me so at least we're somewhere. I love Spanish and I love speaking it all day everyday. I don't speak in English ever because me and my companion speak Spanish and with the elders and in meetings we speak Spanish too.





Yesterday Benjamín was baptized! We have been teaching him the lessons and he is a really amazing kid. His whole family was there to support him, his uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents. All of them are members and all live here in Lleida! I was thinking that this is what it must feel like to be in the Celestial Kingdom, the Spirit was so strong. It was a really special baptism, and it reminded me of my own baptism. When his parents were bearing their testimonies together, it reminded me of Mom and Dad. And then we sang "I like to look for Rainbows" and I couldn't even sing because I was so choked up.





I am so grateful for the gospel. It really does bless families. I love you guys so much.

Right after the baptism, we hit the street and we contacted a guy with his nose in his phone. At first he wouldn't even look at us and was playing a game on his phone, but then he told us he was on his way to call his family in his country because his 11 year old cousin just died. I tried to testify of eternal families and that God has a plan for us, but already being emotional from the baptism it was kind of difficult. I just wish everyone knew what we know. Sometimes I feel so sad being in the street and seeing so many people walk by or sitting in cafes who don't know what they're missing.

I know this gospel is true. I feel my Savior's love so much. I am going to hit 4 1/2 months here in this ward and they have really become my family. It's going to be so hard to leave. I'm so grateful for the families in this ward that serve diligently in their callings and love the Lord. They are such examples to me and I love them with all my heart. I am so grateful to be able to see the testimonies of people who have not grown up in the gospel. There are people here who have a year or less, or just 3 years in the church and they just get it and they are super strong in their faith.

I love the work, I love the mission. It's finally getting easier. Not that it's easy, but now I know the ropes and the language. I am so excited for what my next 9 months will bring!!

Les quiero mucho. Gracias por todo lo que han hecho para mí.
Un abrazo muy grande,
Hermana BirchI am writing to you from a Colombian café.

No comments:

Post a Comment