Monday, January 4, 2016

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!



Today for Preparation Day we ordered a pizza and took a nice long nap. It was really nice. Now we're in this adorable cafe.

For New Years Day we got invited to the Honduran party :) it was so much fun dad! The lady who hosted it, Alquilina, is from Honduras and served her mission in your mission in San Pedro Sula in 1994! We made tortillas de maiz.






Our Mission President's wife shared this with us, I love it.

Have a wonderful week!
2 Nephi 26:28 Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.

Love, Hermana Birch

Hello everyone :)

What another fantastic week. I feel so blessed to be here and to
experiencing all the things that I am. Thank you for your sacrifice
and love so that I can be here.

On Sunday night we had a nice miracle. After knocking a whole 6 floor
building full of Spaniards with no success, we decided to head back to
our main area via bus. I was feeling like we really needed to see a
miracle before we left. Waiting at the bus stop we started talking to
this Guatemalan girl and as we talked to her the other two guys at the
bus stop started joining in, turns out they're all cousins. They were
awesome. One of the guys lives right around the corner from a LDS
chapel in Guatemala. The other guy just got here to Spain 3 days ago,
he's 19 and here to earn money to support his family because he has 3
younger siblings and his mom doesn't work and his dad is really old
and can't work a lot. He said he'll come to English class on Saturday!

Today me and Hermana Wiseman decided to read in our mission journals.
Looking back to my training one of my entries said "This is really
tough. We never have time to just sit down and rest and think about
ourselves." And I realized today that that's still true, but I've
gotten used to it and my heart has changed. I think to what I would be
if I hadn't come to the mission. I think I would have gone my whole
life active in the church, but without a deeper understanding of it
all. Or at least it would have taken me a lot longer to get to the
point where I am now.

I started crying today, reading my old entries. I am so grateful for
all the people I've met and all the spiritual experiences I've had.

Today as we were shopping, we ran into one of our investigators in the
rainy street. He couldn't pay his rent this month, so he's kind of in
a rough spot, living with a friend, trying to find more work. He has a
one-time job tomorrow helping with a special fancy event as a host,
but he has to wear a suit and he doesn't have one. So I was like, our
bishop is your same size and I'm sure he has one you can wear! He was
so grateful! So we are going to try to get one to him tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment